DIY Tutorial : Tassel Scarf

10:51:00 PM

Salam. Hello girls! Yeay I'm back with my first DIY tutorial of the year (will come up with more soon, insyaAllah)

I always have a thing for tassels. I love how fun and quirky it is. I also have a thing with scarves so this tutorial is basically all about me making something that I love and will wear on a daily basis. It's really easy to do, and the materials needed are very easy to find too so you can do it too!

Here's a step by step tutorial for making a tassel scarf. Hope you like it :)


Materials needed :

1. A long scarf. I'm using a plain cotton voile scarf which only costs me RM10.
2. Embroidery threads. I bought these from Daiso for only RM5.90 per pack of 12 colors. But I suggest you to buy it straight from sewing supplies shop as there will be more colors for you to choose.
3. Scissors.
4. Needle and thread.


Let's start!


1. Wrap the thread around your fingers (as in picture above). The thickness of the thread may vary according to your liking.


This is what the bundle of the thread looks like.


2. Take another small piece of thread and tie a double knot in the middle of the thread bundle.


3. Fold the bundle into half, take another piece of thread and wrap it around the top part. Tie it off with a double knot.


4. Cut off the bottom part of the tassel and trim it all up evenly.


5. Repeat the steps above to make more tassels. I made 13 tassels of various colors but I only used 10 of them to be sewn to the scarf.

6. Use the needle and thread to sew the tassels onto the scarf.


And voila! A whole new fun piece of scarf for you to wear for basically any occasion :D



It's so easy to do this! I may not show it through my facial expression in this photo but I have so much fun making this tassel scarf and it only costs me not more than RM20. It's a perfect thing for you to do when you have nothing to do. Haha! I hope you enjoy this tutorial as much as I enjoy doing it. Can't wait to do another tutorial soon!



With Love,
Scha Roslan

You Might Also Like

5 love notes

  1. Great idea! I'll try this bila I bosan nnti. Thanks for sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeayy! New post 😍 sukanya tgok awk diy ni. Kite malass. Comel sgtt!

    ReplyDelete

Drop Your Comment Here :)